
I'm a bit late in posting this, but I finished the LA Marathon. I'd say I had a great time, but the majority of the race was unbearable...I got blisters halfway through and had to walk the second half. Newb mistake, I'm sure. Regardless, I'm happy I finished it! It's a unique way to experience the city.
With that in mind, I wanted to share some of my favorite exercise songs. I've compiled a playlist ~1 hour long of tunes to pump you up and keep you going during your cardio routine.
Some of the tracks on 8tracks aren't very high quality, so I recommend buying the songs you really want. I've included a variety of genres in the mix. Here are my picks along with some of their lyrics:
1. All Good Things - "Get Up" (Rock)
Get up
When your body's screaming out
Get up
And your hope is fading now
Get up
And the lights are dimming down
Get up
And your strength is waning
Raise your eyes
Tell your mind
To lift yourself
One more time
Gotta get up
Get up
2. Icona Pop - "All Night" (Pop)
Come on baby we can hit the lights
Make the wrongs turn right
We can smash the club, make the pop go rock
With a love this deep, we don't need no sleep
And it feels like we could do this all night
We could do this all night
Yeah, everything is alright
3. Ellie Goulding - "Burn" (Pop)
When the light started out they don’t know what they heard
Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world
We'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky
'Cause we got the fire, fire, fire
Yeah we got the fire, fire, fire
4. Kanye West - "Power" (Rap)
No one man should have all that power
The clock's tickin', I just count the hours
Stop trippin' I'm trippin' off the power
'Til then, **** that, the world's ours
5. Imagine Dragons - "Warriors" (Alternative)
Here we are, don't turn away now,
We are the warriors that built this town.
Here we are, don't turn away now,
We are the warriors that built this town.
From Dust.
6. NONONO - "Pumpin' Blood" (Pop)
This is your heart, it's alive
It's pumping blood
It's your heart, it's alive
It's pumping blood
And the whole wide world is whistling
7. Afrojack - "Ten Feet Tall" (House)
Been trying so hard not to let it show
But you got me feeling like
I'm stepping on buildings, cars and boats
I swear I could touch the sky
8. Charice - "One Day" (Pop)
(One day) I'll make you a believer
(One day) I got this all I need is
(One day) Don't try to tell me I can't (tell me I can't)
(Right now) I'm writing the future
(Watch out) Won't stop I'm a mover
(One day) You're gonna know who I am
I will fly high and free
It's my fate wait and see one day
9. Selena Gomez - "Stars Dance" (Pop)
I can make the stars dance
Light up the moon, I can make the stars dance
If you want me to
The sky is everywhere, so meet me under there
I can make the stars dance dance dance with you
10. Becky G - "Can't Stop Dancin'" (Pop)
Ay ay ay, aye
Just can't stop dancing
Ay ay ay, aye
Don't wanna chance it
So don't let go, let go of me
Don't let go, let go of me
Ay ay ay, aye
I just can't stop dancing
11. Fort Minor - "Remember the Name" (Rap)
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
12. Alexandra Burke - "Beating Still" (Pop)
Love tore me apart, but my heart, my heart, my heart, my heart
Is beating still, beating, still, beating still
Bringing me back to life
Beating still, beating still, beating still
Bringing me back to life
13. David Guetta ft. Sia - "Bang My Head" (EDM)
When you think you're giving up
Just know, you might think you're dying but you won't
And you the feel the love, something out of you
But when you think of giving up, don't
14. Blue October - "Jump Rope" (Alternative)
I want to tell you that everything will be okay
That everything will eventually turn itself to gold
So keep pushing through it all
Don't follow, lead the way
Don't lose yourself or your hope
Cause life's like a jump rope
15. Angel Haze ft. Sia - "Battle Cry" (Rap)
And I'm just out here sprintin', I'm runnin' right through my vision
I'm trying to outrun my past, but still trying to defeat my limits
Cause you only get one moment in this life to be great
And you can give it your all despite what it takes
16. Superchick - "One More" (Christian)
It feels like I have lost this fight
They think that I am staying down
But I'm not giving up tonight
Tonight the wall is coming down
I am stronger than my fears
This is the mountain that I climb
Got 100 steps to go
Tonight I'll make it 99
17. The Fray - "Love Don't Die" (Alternative)
No matter where we go
Or even if we don't
And even if they try
They'll never take my body from your side
Love don't die
That's all. If you have any song recs, feel free to leave them in the comments!
No comments:
Post a Comment