For those who aren't aware, NKLA = No-Kill Los Angeles. NKLA is a coalition of animal shelters in the Los Angeles area that are dedicated to reducing the amount of euthanized animals county-wide. The Adoption Center is a facility run by NKLA where different coalition members can house their animals to help them get adopted. The facility contains both cats and dogs, but I usually focus on the cats.
Here is a wrap-up of the cats I visited during my volunteer shift today:
Parker

Parker was very active and loving. She kept rubbing on my leg wanting to be petted. She moved around so much I had trouble taking pictures! Hence this image...

Victoria

Victoria is a cute kitten who was a bit shy when we played, but she couldn't resist toys.
Here is a video of Victoria (featuring some of the other cats in their condos):
In a cubby:

Eunice & Elyse
I couldn't play with this adorable pair of kittens today because they're a bit sick, but they should be recovered soon and ready to go to a good home! A short video of me cooing over them:
Raena

Raena was pretty relaxed when we played today. She didn't play much, but she had fun wandering around the room.
Sally

Sally was shy when I played with her. She spent most of our time hidden in that cubby, but she loved playing with this toy while she was there.
Bella

Bella's another relaxed kitty who isn't big on running around (at least she didn't while I was there), but she played with this toy a little. Great for someone looking for a chill companion!
Buzz
Buzz is a hunter! He had fun playing with this toy and made sure to grip his "kill" firmly when it was in his grasp.
Lexi & Lulu
Lexi and Lulu are another kitten pair. They weren't sick today, but they were sleeping when I came by, so I let them rest.
Nolan

Nolan is a super energetic kitten who loves climbing his cage. Yes, I have a video:
That's all for today! Remember, each of these cats is available for adoption NOW at the NKLA Adoption Center.
Address:
1845 Pontius Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90025
NKLA Phone:
(424) 208-8840
NKLA Website:
http://nkla.org/
NKLA Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/NKLA.org
NKLA Twitter:
https://twitter.com/nkla



No comments:
Post a Comment